How To Fuel Your B2B Success With a B2B Content Writing Company
Content marketing is an increasingly popular channel. For brands, it is an opportunity to engage potential customers more deeply. For the audience, it is a refreshing departure from conventional forms of advertisement.
A B2B content writing service can be especially valuable for business-to-business (B2B) brands that are taking a long and thoughtful approach to sales. Learn how to make the most of your B2B article writing.
The Value of B2B Content Writing
Before exploring techniques for effective B2B content writing, it is helpful to understand how this form of promotion can be valuable — it’s more than just another channel in your marketing mix. Content marketing has the power to enhance the impact of other channels. These are some of the advantages of using B2B article writing to promote your brand:
- Increases Brand Authority: Generating valuable content for your audience helps to elevate your brand’s authority. It establishes your business and team as experts in your field. In a business-to-business market, this authority can be immensely impactful. Many B2B customers are far more likely to buy from vendors they perceive as experts.
- Improves Impact of Other Channels: Content marketing can help other marketing channels become more effective. For example, you can combine using B2B content writing services with your content strategy to enhance both channels. Additionally, you can design your articles to be shareable through social channels.
- Accelerates the Sales Funnel: The most effective B2B content is planned with the sales funnel in mind. It can be leveraged to capture leads. It can also be used to deliver timely and relevant information to prospective customers, helping them to advance through the funnel quickly.
- Offers a Reason To Engage With No Strings: Content is typically offered for free and with no strings attached (except possibly completing a form). This is significant because it gives your prospective customers a way to engage with your brand without having to make a commitment.
When businesses are doing their research on who to partner with, this can be a huge perk. For instance, if you target large, enterprise companies as clients, there may a lot of red tape to have to go through in order for them to make any sort of trial payment. Offering a “free” way for your business customers to check out your services can give you a leg up on the competition.
How Does B2B Content Writing Compare to B2C Article Writing?
One thing to consider when deciding how to engage in B2B content writing is the nature of the writing itself. In the business-to-consumer (B2C) world, topics usually are a little broader in order to cast as wide of a net as possible.
Technical jargon, slang or otherwise complicated subjects usually aren’t easily consumed by the typical consumer in a blog format. This usually makes writing B2C content a little simpler (and less expensive), because it can be a bit more personal and relatable.
In the business-to-business writing category, you’re talking to business professionals that have a deeper understanding of business operations, metrics and a unique set of issues that need solving. In order to speak relatably to business customers, you need to have a better understanding of how their business is run and the unique challenges that they come across. This is why B2B content writing is usually a little bit harder (and more expensive) to do, because business owners will see right through articles that have no meat or don’t speak to them directly.
This is one major reason why many B2B companies prefer the help of a B2B content writing service to help make sure that writing professionals with business experience are the ones that are crafting their content.
Develop a Powerful B2B Content Writing Strategy
To make the most of utilizing a B2B content writing service, it is helpful to have a clear and effective strategy. This should start with establishing content writing goals. For example, focus on delivering qualified leads to your sales team. Alternatively, you may want to increase your website sales or work to get businesses interacting with your brand.
Those content strategy goals should be measurable using some key performance indicators. Because B2B content marketing is typically realized digitally, you will normally have a lot of access to metrics that you can track. Identify which data points are the most representative of achieving your goals. Consider combining several KPIs into a scorecard to help evaluate your progress.
Once you have goals and a way to measure your success, you need to start laying out a content plan. It may be worth outsourcing to a blog content strategy service for this. However, if you prefer to set your strategy in-house, create a realistic budget and schedule for releasing B2B content. This channel can be very valuable, but it requires an investment like any other form of marketing to make it work.
Techniques for Maximizing the Impact of B2B Article Writing
With your goals and rough plan in mind, it is time to start delving into the details. Every brand’s B2B content marketing strategy needs to be different because it must be fitted to the audience and the business. Nonetheless, every strategy should focus on delivering value to the audience, integrating with SEO and staying consistent.
1. Focus on Delivering Value
Your content is more than just a marketing channel. It is a product with a value of its own. Like any other product or service in your catalog, each piece of B2B content should have a clear value proposition for the business audience it is trying to attract.
As mentioned above, it is helpful to think about the questions that a prospect may raise at each stage of the buying journey. By addressing these concerns, you are delivering value to your audience. Of course, the questions and answers need to be targeted to the correct stage of the funnel. There is no point in addressing why your product is the right choice for someone who has never heard of it yet.
When engaging in B2B content writing, it can be helpful to think about your content in multiple tiers. Each tier is mapped to a different part of the sales funnel. As a prospect advances through the buying process, he or she moves on to the next tier of content. If you have an accounting software product, the first tier of the content may be focused on concerns such as how to run error-free accounting operations. The final tier may be comparing different software solutions or exploring reasons to buy now.
2. Enhance Search Engine Optimization
Remember, B2B content writing can improve your SEO results. If you are neglecting to take advantage of this, you may not be realizing the full value of your content. The best B2B content writing services typically focus on keywords, search topics and link building. Fortunately, all of these fit neatly into content marketing.
Great content should be easy to find through searching. Therefore, it needs to have a topic that prospective leads would search for and include keywords based on preferred search terms. Some SEO research can help to reveal what terms you should be optimizing for. Keywords and phrases are important; however, Google is increasingly putting weight on the topic of the article and it accurately answers the search queries of the prospective customer.
You can also use a B2B content writing service to create articles for off-site blogs and platforms, such as guest blogging for a related website. This can be used to generate links to your website, increasing your search authority. Getting this right can be challenging, but it is easier with a good B2B writing service in your corner.
3. Stay Consistent
One of the most common pitfalls that brands fall into with B2B article writing is that they start strong and taper off. This channel relies heavily on ideas, which can be hard to come by if they are exhausted too quickly. In many cases, it is helpful to plan a mixture of topical and evergreen topics to address in your content marketing. This will help you to keep the new B2B content flowing.
Develop a clear schedule for when new articles, videos and other forms of content will be released. Try setting conservative expectations at first. You can always ramp things up once you have the hang of it. Additionally, consider hiring B2B website content writing services that have expertise in writing to other business professionals. It is easier to stay consistent if you outsource.
Consistency is valuable for two main reasons: engaging your audience and improving SEO. Both prior and new visitors are more likely to engage with your B2B content if it is fresh. People are drawn to recent updates and new ideas that they haven’t seen before. Similarly, search engines prefer up-to-date information and reward websites that update regularly.
Types of B2B Content
The most effective content marketing strategies typically involve multiple media. This is especially true for B2B brands because the sales process tends to be longer when working with other businesses. Prospects at every stage of the funnel need targeted content, in terms of the medium as well as the topic. Here is a list of some of the most popular types of B2B content writing:
- Blog Posts: Your blog should be the centerpiece of your strategy. It provides a valuable opportunity to address topics ranging from frequently asked questions to how your product or service fits into world events. Typically, blog posts are best for new entrants to your sales funnel.
- Web Pages: Targeted web pages and micro-sites can also be valuable additions to your mix. A frequently asked questions page is a classic form of this. However, you can delve much deeper. For example, you may create a web page sharing performance data for your product and case studies for how your product/service has helped other businesses.
- E-Books: For prospects in the later stages of your sales funnel, e-books and whitepapers can be very valuable. These tend to be most relevant for leads in the evaluation and decision stages of buying. These media give you a chance to delve deeply into a topic.
- Videos: Although B2B article writing services are the most popular, non-written content is valuable too. Video can be ideal for people who prefer listening and/or watching. Additionally, well-produced video content gives your brand a professional image.
- Infographics: Similarly, infographics are very helpful for sharing data in a more engaging way than just written words. These tend to be best for more superficial topics for wider audiences. In a business atmosphere, other business owners are always looking for data that helps improve their bottom line, increase efficiency, or get them more leads. Consider using data from an e-book to create your infographic.
- Webinars: Live broadcasts can also be very valuable. Use a webinar or other broadcast to address common customer concerns in-depth. These can be even more effective if you make them interactive using polls and Q&A sections. It’s also a great way to connect and network with other business owners that may be prospective customers, or that have a following that you could benefit from (and vice versa).
You can get extra mileage from your B2B content writing by reusing topics across media. For example, you could produce a webinar discussing the top 10 mistakes in accounting operations, then write a blog post summarizing the webinar. Reformatting topics will help you keep your schedule consistent.
Increase Your Impact With a B2B Article Writing Service
For every marketing channel, you must decide whether you want to run things in-house or outsource. The answer may be different for every brand. However, for most businesses, it is worthwhile hiring B2B content writing services rather than trying to take on content marketing in-house.
Consistent, high-quality B2B article writing is challenging and requires dedicated resources. Furthermore, to achieve the optimal variety of topics and media, you need experienced writers. Although you could build up this capacity within your team, in most cases it makes more sense to work with an outside provider. With the right partner, you can reap all the benefits of effective B2B content marketing
BKA Content offers managed SEO writing services that can help you ensure the success of your B2B brand. Contact us to learn more about our B2B content writing services and how we can help your business succeed.
- How To Develop a Blog Content Strategy: A Start-to-Finish Guide - September 11, 2022
- How To Start a Blog on Shopify (and 5 Blog Examples) - September 11, 2022
- A Ghostwriter Guide for Businesses - September 8, 2022