The Ultimate Guide to SEO for Service-Based Businesses
The Essentials of SEO for Service-Based Businesses
Your service business can have amazing success with the following SEO essentials.
Professional blogs combine everything you need to wow customers and search engines alike:
- Authoritative information
- Friendly voice
- Helpful tips
- Answers to frequently asked questions
- Tons of keyword opportunities
Blogs are especially important to SEO for service-based businesses because clients want trustworthy information to help them make a decision.
High-Quality Website Content
Great content makes an incredible first impression on website visitors. Just as importantly, it convinces Google that your company is a top business in your industry. Make sure every web page includes these critical SEO components:
- H1 heading: This main title tells readers what your article is about.
- URL: A clear, succinct website address builds user confidence and helps SEO, such as https://www.bkacontent.com/marketing-for-small-businesses/ instead of https://www.examplewebsite.com/blog/3263827/hire-a-landscape-contractor-to-create-an-eye-catching-front-entrance-in-lebanon-county-pa.
- Title tag: This short title shows up in Google search results, capturing the attention of users.
- Meta description: The meta description is your chance to convince searchers to click on your link with one or two well-crafted sentences.
- H2 and H3 headings: Headings show Google your page’s outline and make your content more engaging for readers.
- Lists: Bullet lists are attractive on the page, good for featured snippets and useful for keeping readers interested.
Leaving out such “tasty” ingredients is like trying to make chili without any seasoning. You need the secret sauce of SEO for your service-based business’s web content to rank high.
Links are one of the primary ways search engines decide which websites are the most helpful, trustworthy and engaging. How can you get backlinks to your site? Stick with good SEO habits for service-based businesses, including:
- High-quality content
- Original research
- Interesting statistics
- FAQs for trending topics
- Clear article layout
The best way to convince other websites to link to your articles is by creating expert content that stands the test of time.
When today’s customers want to learn more about your business, your website may not be their first stop. Many people check out Facebook, YouTube or Instagram first.
Social media platforms are a laid-back way to interact with potential customers. Visitors can see your services in action, such as images of past home remodeling projects. Posting at least once a week (several times is even better) helps you stay connected with your target audience.
We can help. Our team can create attention-grabbing social media posts connected to your newest blog articles. By linking your blog content and social media accounts, you can increase website traffic significantly.
Location-Based Landing Pages
Are the majority of your customers local? Focus your SEO efforts locally. Location-based landing pages help you capture searches from customers in your city, region or state, such as:
- Best home remodeling company in Atlanta, GA
- Personal injury lawyers in Arizona
- Catering company in Orange County, CA
- Heating repairs in Eastern Pennsylvania
- Carpet cleaning businesses in Naperville, IL
In combination with a Google Business Profile, location-based web pages can dramatically increase your search rankings.
Practical SEO Tips for Service Businesses
Now that you know where to invest your marketing budget, the next step is getting the most bang for your buck. How can you improve SEO for service-based businesses?
Work With SEO Content Professionals
Outsourcing your SEO is an incredibly smart use of your time and money. At BKA Content, we can coordinate virtually every aspect of your SEO, including:
- Developing project goals and topics
- Performing keyword research
- Creating amazing content
- Optimizing articles for search engines
- Delivering blogs and social media posts per your schedule
As a small business owner, you probably spend most of your time overseeing your workers, interacting with customers or getting your hands dirty on the job site. Let us handle the heavy lifting for SEO.
SEO Pros You Can Depend On
Let us assist with your SEO strategy so you can put your focus and time back into what you do best.
Think in Terms of the User Experience
Pay attention to the layout of your web pages. Are they easy to navigate for visitors, with individual pages for each of your services?
Helpful content makes for happy customers. Incredible blogs provide answers your clients can trust and solutions for their specific needs.
Keywords are important, but they’re not the end-all-be-all of SEO for service businesses. Google cares more about clicks and engagement, which you get by making users happy.
Refresh Pillar Content Periodically
Consumers like new things. Search engines know this, so they tend to promote web content that is recent and relevant.
This doesn’t mean you need to throw out old blogs or design a new website from scratch constantly. Instead, you can refresh valuable content by including up-to-date information and new links.
Take special care of pillar content — in-depth guides and fantastic blog posts that bring in the most traffic. If possible, refresh these superstar pieces every year and follow the same winning formula with your new content.
The Incredible Benefits of SEO for Your Service Business
If you build it, they will come — but to your website instead of Kevin Costner’s cornfield. SEO works.
- Long-lasting results: Blog articles, how-to guides and other great content drive clicks and engagement for years. Paid ads are temporary.
- Cost-effective advertising: Attracting potential customers to your website with SEO content is always more budget-friendly than serving targeted ads to individual users.
- More customers: SEO helps you rank higher than competitors when local residents search for plumbing, construction, carpet cleaning and other services.
- Better leads: With smart SEO, you grab the attention of high-value business leads that are actively looking for your industry and are more likely to contract your services.
At the end of the day, if your web pages and blog content deliver an experience that customers enjoy, it will inevitably contribute to better search rankings.
Friendly Experts in SEO for Service-Based Businesses
At BKA Content, we’re experts in high-quality SEO, content marketing, social media and link building (plus Star Wars, but that’s a story for another time). We create incredible SEO for countless service-based businesses, including HVAC professionals, construction businesses, water-damage restoration companies and roofing specialists. Learn more about our custom SEO services right away.