May in Motion: A BKA Wellness Challenge
476. That’s how many calories I burned on my run this morning. Which means that I am allowed to eat 6.8 Samoas® today. That’s how it works . . . right?
Like the shirt says, “I run because I really like cookies.” During the month of May, however, I have an even better reason to run—May in Motion: A BKA Wellness Challenge. With a little friendly competition and some encouragement from other members of the BKA virtual family, I hope to run (OK, OK . . . sustain a moderate trot) for more miles than I normally would. The best part is, our group is using Charity Miles to earn money for Pencils of Promise at the same time. And, BKA will donate an additional $10 to Pencils of Promise (up to $1000) for each BKA writer, editor, manager or client that participates in the challenge. Friends and family members can participate, too! Still not motivated to put down your Pepsi and get out of your comfy, ergonomic chair? The top three earners win an awesome goody basket filled with BKA swag and some fun fitness prizes!
How it Works
Charity Miles and their corporate sponsors donate a certain amount of money for every mile you walk, run or bike. You don’t have to be a hardcore athlete to make a difference. Next time you have an “important meeting” on the ninth green, walk the course instead of using a golf cart. Taking the kids to the park? Do a few laps around the playground instead of sitting on the bench checking your phone while they play. All you have to do to get started is:
- Go to Charity Miles and download the app for your mobile device.
- Join our group, BKAMayinMotion.
- Launch the app each time you get moving, choosing Pencils for Promise as your designated charity.
- Watch your position on the leaderboard increase with every mile you pedal or pound on the pavement.
- May in Motion begins today, April 29, 2016 and ends May 31, 2016.
It’s that easy! If you have any other questions about the app, check out the FAQ page on Charity Miles.
Why We Chose This Charity
At BKA, we are guided by some Key Principles. We love to give back to the community—whether local or global—any time we can. We are also keen on empowerment and education. Pencils of Promise combines these values by building schools and making them operational in third world countries. Every dollar donated to Pencils of Promise goes toward construction costs or teacher support, making it possible for underprivileged children to get a good education.
Can’t wait to see what we can accomplish together! Happy running!
- How To Create Picture Perfect Photo Descriptions - May 28, 2023
- 4 Secrets of Writing Shareable Content - May 8, 2023
- The Mega Importance of Meta Descriptions - April 1, 2023