Ten Free Word Count Tools
Ten Free Word Count Tools
Word counts may be the last thing you’re thinking about as a writer but are a necessary part of the writing process. Editors often value writers who take the time to submit work with the correct amount of words.
If the article is submitted over or under word count, the editor may ask the writer to fix it or have to do the work for them. Either way, word count is essential to any article or product description submitted to any company or editor. Use a word count tool to ensure your writing meets the expectations of the client.
Available Free Tools
From web browser extensions to websites where you can input your data, using a free word count program is easy and convenient. Web browser extensions give you the word count by simply highlighting the text in the browser. Or copy and paste the text into a website word count tool. Here are some places to find a free version
- https://easywordcount.com –word and character counter plus additional information on the value of word counters for content writers and bloggers
- countofwords.com –a great site that goes beyond word counting to include difficult words, average sentence length, unique words, syllables and more
- https://wordcounter.net –online word count program that features an online editor to help improve word choice, find grammar errors and top keywords
- https://wordcounttools.com –the free web version of the Google Chrome extension
- https://smallseotools.com/word-count-checker/ –upload your document and take advantage of the other relevant tools including plagiarism checker and grammar checker
- https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/word-count-tool/ –Mozilla Firefox browser fans can benefit from a free add-on for counting both words and characters
- https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/word-count-tool/ibjgdahgcdkpdlbkadidojhfddflblcm?hl=en –a free add-on character and word count tool to add to your Google Chrome browser
- charactercountonline.com –counts words, characters, paragraphs, sentences and white space
- allwordphone.com/count-words-characters.htm –word and character counters plus features a website graphics creation tool
- lettercount.com –great information on social media, Blogger and Ebay character limits
Count Your Words
Editors expect a piece of content to meet the word count requirements. A word count tool allows writers to know how much more they have to write or how much they need to cut. It is not the editor’s job to do all of this for the writer. Make the most out of your editor/writer relationship by ensuring the end product meets agreed upon expectations. Send in your best writing while following the word count guidelines to make both the editor and client happy.
If you don’t want to have to worry about word counts, let us write the content you need for you! Browse our content shop to buy content at whatever word size you need.
Latest posts by Shaundra Cragun (see all)
- 7 Real Estate Blog Ideas for Your Content Plan - May 8, 2019
- Follow This Guide To Make Your Content Marketing Connect - May 1, 2019
- 60 Easter Puns That Will Keep You Hopping - April 19, 2019