Thank you for your interest in this hourly independent contractor writing position!
We are BKA Content, and we pride ourselves on being an actual content provider, not just an automated content broker. Our goal is to become a trusted extension of all businesses, and we need your help! We’re looking for experienced Blog Writers with high-level editing abilities to write and edit blogs that provide tips, guides and helpful information on how families can help their senior parents.
You’ll be writing/editing blog posts about:
- Senior Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
- Nursing Homes
- And More …
If you enjoy writing, having a flexible schedule, and working from home, this is the job for you! By joining our talented team of writers, you can expect the following benefits:
- Work virtually from any location
- Choose which articles you want to write from our list of available options
- Get paid hourly for each article you write (even during training)
- Set your own schedule (as long as the articles are submitted by their due dates)
- Expand your knowledge on a variety of unique and interesting topics
- Join our team of fun, talented and enthusiastic writers!
Must be a solid, fast editor who is able to edit other writers’ content for quality and flow. Using the client’s style guide, you’ll be optimizing existing blogs for keywords, tone, brand style, and word usage.
A basic knowledge of SEO is a plus, but not necessary. Any experience, interest or passion in writing about the various aspects of senior living is also a plus.
Also need to be able to write unique content and deal well with constructive feedback. (You may be asked to revise your work to meet the guidelines for originality and specificity.)
- Must live in the US and be legally allowed to work in the US
- Must be able to work up to 10 hours a week
- Must be comfortable with long-form content. Your blog word count will vary, but most blogs are 1,000+ words long.
- Must have a Gmail address when you come on board. (Not necessary to apply)
- Must have a PayPal account (all payments are done this way)
- Must have a firm grasp of English grammar, punctuation, and spelling
- Must be at a college writing level
- Must be able to meet deadlines. Assignments will be issued out on a weekly basis. A typical deadline is 2–4 business days.
- Must be honest, self-motivated and dependable
MODERATE TO HIGH – You may be asked to research your assignment in-depth and cite appropriate sources, supplying statistics and facts for your assignment following an instructional brief.
We have a team mentality among our writers, and we treat them like family, too. So if you want to come “home,” then apply today!
Blog Writer/Editors earn $16/hr for this independent contractor position.
Why Work for BKA?
Since our roots were planted in 2009, BKA Content has grown at exponential rates. We have been recognized as one of the 100 fastest growing companies in Utah for the last 4 years in a row by MountainWest Capital Network. We also were recognized on the Inc. 5000 this year!
This is a great opportunity to contribute to the success of BKA Content and have fun while doing it! Our company culture is anything but boring—it’s as unique as the content we produce! Through contests, social media and other avenues, we’ve created a fun, quirky work environment.