10 Ways To Spark Real Estate Leads Online
10 Ways To Spark Real Estate Leads Online
It’s no secret that your ability to engage, entice and capture customers can make or break your ability to generate real estate leads. While you may have mastered the art of all three in the real world, you may struggle to convey that charisma online. Your social media posts fall flat, your email list generates more unsubscribes than subscribes and your online listings receive 15 second views at most.
If you can relate to this, don’t worry – you’re not alone. Real estate agents, brokers and investors are natural people-people, but their online personas can tend to be, well, dry. However, while the closing of a deal may happen in person, you still need to hook prospective buyers, and the truth is that most prospective buyers begin their search online. If you don’t take action to inject some zest into your content, your hook stands to remain dangling for a while.
What Can You Do To Generate More Real Estate Leads Online?
We’re glad you asked. Below are 10 innovative ways to generate buyer and seller leads in 2019.
1. Optimize Your Website for Lead Generation
Optimizing your website to generate leads is not as simple as throwing a “Contact Us” button on the bottom of each page. Rather, website optimization is a strategic process, one that begins with a basic understanding of the lead generation process, which typically begins with a call to action and ends with the visitor filling out a contact information form. But how do you get the customer from A to Z? Below are a few ideas to get you started:
- Up Your Number of Landing Pages: According to a recent HubSpot survey, websites with 30+ landing pages produce seven times more leads than those with one to five landing pages.
- Incorporate a Basic CTA Into Your Homepage. Your homepage is at the top of your marketing funnel so should therefore offer visitors something of interest – a free e-book or a subscription to a “How To Sell” course, for example.
- Personalize Your CTAs: Want to take your CTAs to the next level? Personalize them to each visitor’s interests, items they’ve purchased or pages they’ve viewed. Websites that do this covert 42% more leads than those that don’t.
- Send a Kickback Email: Once a visitor converts to a lead, send a “thank you” email. Studies show that kickback emails double the engagement rates of standard marketing emails. In addition to sending a kickback email, consider sending leads to a thank-you landing page, which may include social sharing buttons or a link to download the promised offer.
- Include Live Chat: Once a person decides to buy or sell, he or she wants to get started right away. Make yourself immediately available to answer any questions prospective clients have by allowing real estate leads to communicate with you via a live chat.
2. Start a Blog
Blogging continues to be one of the most powerful ways to generate website traffic. If you want potential real estate leads to find your newly optimized website, you need to start blogging. Why? The statistics speak for themselves.
According to Codeless, blogging is responsible for 434% more indexed pages and 97% more indexed links. On average, companies who blog produce 67% more leads per month than those that don’t. Companies that publish 16 or more blog posts per month get 3.5 times more traffic and 4.5 times more leads than those that publish four or less posts per month. However, those numbers triple for companies that publish longer and more in-depth blog posts of 1,000+ words.
How do consumers feel about blogging? Well, 60% of respondents say they feel more engaged or positive about a brand after reading custom content on a blog.
If you don’t have time to blog 16+ times a month, you’re not alone. The average blog post takes more than three hours to develop, which is why 64% of marketers outsource blog copywriting to an online marketing company. If you want to generate real estate leads while focusing on growing other aspects of your business, outsourcing may be the way to go.
3. Launch an Email Campaign
If you haven’t already done so, launch an email campaign. Email is one of the most valuable tools you have at your disposal, if you use it correctly. BoomTown! details seven ways to use email as a real estate agent, but for real estate lead generation purposes, the content email is our personal favorite.
The content email is informational and serves to establish yourself as a local expert. Anyone can appreciate the content of this type of email, which may include:
- Local Market Updates
- New Development Updates
- “Just Sold!” Listings
- How To Buy a Home in the Current Market
- How To Turn Your Home Into the Ultimate Investment
Some other email ideas BoomTown! suggests include the introductory email, the testimonial email and the get-to-know-you email.
4. Create a Quiz
Quizzes are some of the most underutilized lead generation tools, but any reputable online marketing company will tell you that quizzes are a huge moneymaker. According to quiz stats, 82% of social media users engaged with a quiz that came across their newsfeed, even if it was from a company they’d never heard of before. The standard quiz is shared close to 2,000 times, and in 2015, nine out of 10 of the most shared Facebook publications were quizzes. The typical quiz produces a lead capture rate of 31.6%. Need we say more?
5. Create a Virtual Tour
Over 50% of homebuyers found the home of their dreams online, compared to just 7% who followed a yard sign or open house sign. Does that mean the open house is dead? Some real estate experts say yes, but we say no—it’s merely changed. Prospective investors still want to see the inside of a home before they invest anymore time into pursuing it. Make it easy for them and offer a virtual tour of a property.
6. Invest in PPC Advertising
Pay-per-click advertising may not be a long-term solution, but it does help to generate that initial influx of traffic. If you’re just starting out, or if you’re starting from the depths of Google, dedicate a small portion of your budget to PPC ads. Even if you’re working with a small budget, you can generate a wealth of real estate leads to tide you over until your other efforts begin to pay off.
7. Offer Free Real Estate Advice
People who are thinking about buying or selling properties often turn to forums such as City-Data, Zillow, Homes.com and Reddit to ask questions and seek advice. If you can address their concerns or solve their problems, consumers will view you as a trusty source to whom they can turn when they decide to pursue the process more in depth. In the worst-case scenario, the consumer goes with another agent or decides against taking action, but you expand your reach and influence all the same.
8. Use Social Proof
Like in any line of business, prospective leads want to know you’re good at what you do before they hire you. Highlight your successes in your blog, on social media and in pop-up ads. If you have several successes under your belt, consider adding a portfolio page to your website dedicated to all the houses you’ve sold and for how much.
9. Start a Podcast
According to Podcast Insights, approximately 51% of the population has listened to a podcast at least once in their life, while 80% of those individuals listen to an average of seven shows per week. The majority of podcast listeners are educated and affluent, which makes podcasts the ideal tool to use to attract real estate investors. If you keep abreast of issues facing the market, start a podcast and create content that demonstrates your substantial knowledge, educates prospective clients and grows your business.
10. Use Social Media
Use Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and LinkedIn to foster relationships with existing customers, who also happen to be your greatest brand ambassadors. There are dozens of ways you can use social media to your advantage, such as the following:
- Post quizzes.
- Use paid advertising.
- Start a content email campaign.
- Publicize customer reviews and recently sold listings.
- Encourage contact.
What Are You Waiting For? Get Started!
You have charm, charisma and all those other traits that draw investors, sellers and buyers your way—now you just need to inject those attributes into your content. From optimizing your website to playing around on social media, there are dozens of ways you can begin to generate honest real estate leads online. If you’re overwhelmed with the to-do list, or if you just want to focus your attention on nurturing existing leads, let us help your voice shine online. Get in touch with our online marketing company today.
Latest posts by Christina Cordova (see all)
- Interpreting Insurance: How Good Content Writing Helps You Connect With Your Customer - July 19, 2019
- Establish Trust, Acquire Clients and Streamline the Lending Process With Mortgage Content Marketing - July 5, 2019
- Stress Over Less: 5 Items on Your Company To-Do List You Need To Start Delegating - June 28, 2019